Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gran

A dear woman, Ann Davis, passed away the other day. She was my Sunday School teacher at Craddockville Church in Virginia for many years and was just like a grandmother to me growing up. Gran showed me what a woman of faith is truly like and I am so blessed to have known her.

In Sunday School, Gran would read us The Gift of the Magi every Christmas and would bake an Easter bunny cake for Easter. We would play Bible Trivia about once a month and she'd give us as many hints as we needed for the tough questions. Timmy would bring her cold coffee and she would drink every sip of it. It was in her class that I learned how to pray. Now, I am a Sunday School teacher and I often find myself speaking the prayers that Gran would say. I loved her very much and will miss her.

My three grandmothers: Nana, Grandma, and Gran (at my baby shower in 2008)

Jackson's Recent Activities

 Tennis, hockey, Key Club Convention and working out with pals!