We took a trolley tour in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia ... the kids got to see so many historic sites (and are currently a bit unappreciative ... maybe someday they'll value the experience!). And then walked around my alma mater, Mary Washington. I was part of the last class before it became a university rather than a college. And, I studied entirely too much and was valedictorian. I added some short captions below.
| Clang Clang! |
| Battle of Fredericksburg site |
| Mary Washington's resting place |
| Separation of church and state .. Jefferson |
| Hugh Mercer |
| Kenmore (Fielding Lewis home) complete with a cannonball in the wall |
| Mary Washington's in-town home |
| Rising Sun Tavern |
| Hugh Mercer's Apothecary |
| Rappahannock River ... many an accompanying story |
| Rocky Lane |
| St. George's ... it's iconic steeple was a landmark during battle. |
| Original town hall ... now a museum |
| Chatham manor in the distance ... several US presidents visited |
| A very old storehouse |
| Lee Hall |
| One of my favorite study spots in Trinkle Hall |
| Central Rappahannock Regional Library ... where I interned |
| Carl's Ice Cream |
| Freshman year dorm |
| My great grandmother's dorm |