Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Fredericksburg!

We took a trolley tour in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia ... the kids got to see so many historic sites (and are currently a bit unappreciative ... maybe someday they'll value the experience!). And then walked around my alma mater, Mary Washington. I was part of the last class before it became a university rather than a college. And, I studied entirely too much and was valedictorian. I added some short captions below. 

Clang Clang!





Battle of Fredericksburg site


Mary Washington's resting place

Separation of church and state .. Jefferson

Hugh Mercer

Kenmore (Fielding Lewis home) complete with a cannonball in the wall

Mary Washington's in-town home

Rising Sun Tavern 

Hugh Mercer's Apothecary

Rappahannock River ... many an accompanying story

Rocky Lane

St. George's ... it's iconic steeple was a landmark during battle. 

Original town hall ... now a museum

Chatham manor in the distance ... several US presidents visited

A very old storehouse

Lee Hall

One of my favorite study spots in Trinkle Hall




Central Rappahannock Regional Library ... where I interned




Carl's Ice Cream

Freshman year dorm

My great grandmother's dorm 





Jackson's Recent Activities

 Tennis, hockey, Key Club Convention and working out with pals!